Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Misty watercolored memes of the way we are...

CK at Language Games and Miscellaneous Arbitrary Marks tagged That Colored Fella with a meme about gay-blogger relationships, and he in turn tagged me.

My first meme. Not sure what to do with it. Should I perform a Western blot on it?
I being the gentle iconoclast that I am, I hope it will be all right if I don't tag anyone with it.

CK thought it would be interesting to know:

1. If we are single or in a monogamous relationship?

Monogamous relationship.

2. How long we have been with our partner/significant other/boy/girlfriend?

Fourteen years as of June 9.


3. How we met?

We both lived in Orlando at the time and frequently visited the local pre-Internet BBS The Back Door. We happened to be in the same chat room and I looked up his profile. I thought he sounded interesting and sent him a private message. He sent me one in return and invited me into private chat. We chatted for an hour or so and then made plans to meet to see the movie Soapdish that Saturday at Disney's Pleasure Island. We must've seen the movie first, before having dinner at Jungle Jim's, because I remember waiting for him in front of the theater. He told me later that he was in his parked car scoping me out as I waited and that his initial assessment of me was "He's little and cute." I thought he was cute too in his pink polo shirt as he crossed the parking lot toward me.

4. What we like to do together?

Explore the leafier neighborhoods of L.A., especially West Hollywood. Try new restaurants that offer adventurous choices for him and whitebread choices for me. Have season tickets for the L.A. gay chorus concerts at the Alex. Watch CNN during dinner.

5. If we are single, what life with our ideal spouse/partner would look like?

I feel undeservedly fortunate that I'm not in this category. I actually don't do single well. And I haven't really spent much of my adult life as a single person, given my seven years with my ex-wife and my fourteen years with my partner. Undeservedly fortunate. And I don't know whom to thank. Random particles? The energy matrix that forms the particles? Anyway, thank you, universe, for allowing our particles to collide.

No comments: